Sunday 13 October 2013

Inception Myths



I need to watch inception again for this blog because I already forgot everything that happened in the film. But, I was really surprised. The first time I watched the film, it was just okay for me, nothing special and I thought that its just another normal film from Hollywood. But when I watched it again
the film became more interesting for me, maybe because I was able to get the details more about the film and understand what Christoper Nolan is trying to say in this film.

If what I remember was right, in the film inception they never really mentioned anything about lucid dreaming, astral projection or anything. Maybe thats because it is his own version of lucid dreaming and not the one that really happens. Christoper Nolan made a whole new concept in the world of lucid dreaming and there are some mythologies in this film that he created.

As I was browsing trough the internet I found a blog entitled Lucid Dreaming myths in Inception by Rebecca Turner from the website www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com. It was exactly what I was looking. The blog post is about Christopher Nolan's myths about the film Inception.

First Lucid dreaming myth in the film inception is: There are two ways to wake up on a dream, first is to die in that dream and second is to wait for a kick. A kick is when something will distract your physical body or you will fall in a water, but the problem with the kick is when the dream goes deeper it becomes harder for you to wake up.

Second must not die in a dream with a level 2 dream or higher or else you'll fall into a limbo. A limbo is a dream where you think of it as your reality. It may take yo 50 years or higher in dream-time to realize that it was just a dream or maybe never.

Third is you can share a dream with someone. This is as of the moment impossible in real life, whats only possible is to create a projection of someone you know or create a projection of someone out of your mind.


                         "Your mind is the scene of the crime" - Inception

This is the line that intrigues me the most when I was watching the trailer. After watching the film I aggreed with it because in the world of lucid dreaming, it really is. Because all you do in reality is limited and all the suppressed feelings goes into our subconscious mind and it at some times became our dream, the things that we long for, what we really want to do in reality and what we dream of. It is really amazing how our minds works to the fact that everything that we hide will eventually come out in our dreams, and it is possible that our dreams may make us more aware of who we are and what we really want.

Cristopher Nolan's version of lucid dreaming is one of a kind, he managed to make his own version and mythodologies in lucid dreaming that is not far from reality, who knows? maybe some of his myths will be available in the future like one of his myths; that you can share your dream with other people. with our technology now, it may soon be possible.











No comments:

Post a Comment